LONG ISLAND KNIGHTS CHEERLEADING
This is a travel select cheerleading program led by professional instructors. A refreshing new model with none of the PTA style town drama, gossip and distractions of parent led cheerleading programs!
WE ACCEPT CHEERLEADERS FROM ALL OF LONG ISLAND
SIDELINE CHEER ~ COMPETITIVE CHEER ~ STUNT ~ DANCE ~ TUMBLE
SPRING CHEER REGISTRATION FEE $225.00
*Spring cheer is a fun and abbreviated season for the purpose of additional skill development with no guarantee on the number of games.
FALL CHEER REGISTRATION FEE $275.00
Cheer is open to students entering grades K-6 in the upcoming school year.
- Program led by former college and high school cheerleaders and coaches with experience coaching sideline teams as well as competitive teams locally and nationally.
- There are optional competitive cheer events, off-season clinics.
- Practices normally begin around the middle of July and run once or twice a week throughout the season.
- Weekly practice is at VETS FIELD in Northport and also at Granny Rd. in Medford, or Seaman’s Neck Field in Seaford. Practice may be held at our indoor facility in East Northport during inclement weather. Fall practice is usually Tuesday and Thursday evening from 6:00pm to 7:00pm but it could be different depending on a number of factors. Do not sign up if you can’t commit to a flexible schedule. (Practice changes to 7:00pm to 8:00pm beginning in September.
- Teams are determined after registration.
- Each squad has a Team Coach and Team Manager(mom and/or dad).
- This is a travel select program. We cheer at home and at away games and some special events. The away games are in Metro NY, and Long Island. Don’t sign up if you are not prepared to travel.
- To be supplied by the parents: Pom Poms (you may re-use every season – we may also have a supply on a first-come first-serve basis), black sneakers, no-show socks, black compression shorts, and black crop top.
- We ask that one family member for each cheerleader volunteer to help the league in some capacity. On the registration form you will see each area for volunteering listed.
- Exclusive fun cheer events: in addition to cheering at games. We do our best to participate in these events, but there are no guarantees, they are based on interest, schedule, and logistics:
- Citifield day – learn a dance and cheer on the actual field with the New York Jets Flight crew cheerleaders
- West Point Day
- Stony Brook University day – run through the tunnel and cheer with the Stony brook cheerleaders
- Long Island University day – run through the tunnel and cheer with the Stony brook cheerleaders
See cheerleading frequently asked questions for more information.
All questions and correspondence should be sent to [email protected]